What a lot of people don’t know is carpet is the biggest air filter in their home? Just like most common air filters, carpet also prevents allergens and pollutants from ascending into the air. It is considered the largest air filter in your home. Most floor enthuses are more and more leaning towards hard surface flooring, and what they don’t consider is it could be at the expense of their indoor air quality. As a matter of fact, according to The Carpet and Rug Institute, they state: “Unlike smooth floor surfaces that allow dust and other allergens to recirculate into the breathing zone, properly maintained carpet actually contributes to improved air quality.”
Deep cleaning of your carpets is important for the proper maintenance to help your carpet properly function as an effective air filter. Carpets that are steam cleaned with the hot water extraction are cut down on allergens and other contaminants that are bad for your health. Unfortunately unlike other removable air filters, carpet is not easily replaced. It can be very expensive and time consuming. And vacuuming is simply not enough where only wet cleaning can achieve. According to Dr. Michael Berry, former Deputy Director of the Environmental Criteria and Assessment Office of the EPA, says: “standard vacuuming does not lessen indoor levels of fine particles, which have a tendency “to build up over time and have the greatest potential to cause harm, as they penetrate deep into the human lung.”
The only way to remove all that unwanted dust, pollen, dander, natural oils and other pollutants trapped deep within the carpet fibers is to thoroughly wash and extract with a powerful deep carpet cleaner. Professional Hot water extraction is best for washing your carpets.
Listed below are six things a professional carpet cleaning can do for your carpet
- Can deal with biological messes – urine, feces, saliva, vomit, and blood from pets and children, or illness embedded in carpet and upholstery fibers
- Removes bacteria, contaminants from shoes, food spills, and pet accidents embedded in carpets
- For flood damage – sludge and grime, waterborne contaminants, and bacteria in carpet and furniture
- Also it can remove drywall, wood, and other construction dust from home remodeling and building accumulated in existing carpet
- Destroys stains and odors from pet accidents, plus oils from skin or fur, saliva and other excretions
- Moving into a new home? Moving cleanup – removing previous owners’ allergens and contaminants
If you have fall allergies and react to fungi and molds, you probably face your worst symptoms in late summer and early fall. The ragweed pollen season usually ends by mid-November in most areas of Texas. This makes for a perfect time to deep clean your carpets and improve your indoor air quality. Not only will your guests and family think your carpets smell great and look spotless, but they will also be able to breathe a little easier!
If you live in Denton TX, Flower Mound TX, Lewisville TX, Little Elm TX, Carrollton TX, Frisco TX, or The Colony TX you can contact Quality Care Carpet Cleaning and receive a free quote over the phone or by email. We also specialize in carpet cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, air duct cleaning and upholstery cleaning. You can contact us at www.qualitycarecarpetcleaningtx.com or (940-206-2372).